Spring is upon us and it’s officially wedding season. Most people either know someone who’s getting married or you may be planning your own wedding. Whatever the case it’s important to delegate duties to friends and family who are eager to help with the event planning. Delegating and asking for help allows the soon-to-wed couple an opportunity to breathe and destress. If you’re one of the lucky couples planning a wedding or if you know someone who is, I’ve listed four tips to help get couples through this time.
1. Connect to your core. So you’re probably used to me saying this. However, I believe in letting your values lead the way. With everything you do, even during wedding plan time, use your beliefs as your guide.
2. Breathe. This is a simple one, as life begins with your first inhalation. Often times, we forget to breathe. Aside for the obvious reasons (like staying alive and taking in oxygen) breathing helps steady your mind and supports sound judgment.
3. Eat. Ladies (and some men), please get some food in your system. I know that when you find your perfect dress, making sure the fit is perfect as well is a pressing matter. After all, you’ve spent a lot of time shopping, buying and getting the dress fitted. The way to maintain your weight is not starving yourself. Support your body through the wedding planning process. Eat nutrient dense foods (I always recommend more grains, legumes, fruits and veggies). When it comes down to it, you and your partner want a more healthy you walking down the aisle.
4. Delegate. I am fan of letting other people do things, especially if it’s not a part of my brilliance to do something. Referring to Katie Martin‘s “Top 10 Mistakes That Engaged Couples Make (but Are easy to Avoid)”, ask for support from a friend, relative or hire a planner. You’ll be happy that you did…trust me.
Speaking of a planner. Remember the article I wrote for Eco-Beautiful Weddings Winter 2011 Issue? Well, wedding planner extraordinaire Katie Martin, of Elegance & Simplicity, Inc. & Editor-in-Chief of EBW, is offering a giveaway copy of her book, The Everything Wedding Book: Your all-in-one guide to planning the wedding of your dreams to one lucky Core Connection Lifestyle reader.
About the book
Ever since it was published as the first book in the Everything series, The Everything Wedding Book has been the go-to resource for brides-to-be. Now it’s back and better than ever! Written by trusted wedding planner and expert Katie Martin, this new and improved edition includes information on:
- Multicultural and interfaith ceremonies
- Having a nontraditional wedding
- Floral design, with a new lighting and d?cor section
- Planning an eco-friendly wedding
- Using the Internet to set up a wedding website and to buy products and services
From the guest list and invitations to the honeymoon and thank-you cards, this is the definitive guide for anyone planning, helping to plan, or hoping to someday plan the wedding of her dreams!
About the author
Katie Martin is one of the world’s leading luxury + green wedding experts. She has owned and operated Elegance & Simplicity, Inc. since 1998. She and her team have designed 1000’s of luxury + green weddings and events. Elegance & Simplicity, Inc. has been heralded internationally by magazines, newspapers, blogs and other forms of media. Martin is also the Editor-in-Chief of Eco-Beautiful Weddings®, an international Magazine & Blog. She is a wedding expert contributor for over 75 blogs, magazines and websites in the world (and growing).
Giveaway ends Saturday, April 30 at 11:59 EST.
You can enter one way or both ways. Just leave a message in the comments specifying the way in which you entered, including the name you followed or liked us with.
If you can’t wait for us to choose a winner then head on over to Amazon and pick up your copy today!
Not sure what your next step is? Got the steps, but still not getting anywhere? Schedule your 1-on-1 Life Balance Breakthrough Session with me today.
Like what you read? Sign up for my monthly health and lifestyle tips for passionately motivated women here: http://www.CoreConnectionLifestyle.com
Takeyah A. Young, Life Balance Expert, Speaker, Certified Holistic Health Counselor and Certified Yoga Instructor, specializes in helping motivated, successful women leaders create vitality in and bring balance back to their lives.
The information in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.